Cant believe it is already 2nd day of 2014 when I write this post. 2013 was a year I will not forget… the most challenging, eventful year for me personally. So many things had happened, both good and bad. Experiences that changes me and my life, mould me to a different person and how I view life.
Few highlights for 2013:
1. Moving out of the beautiful apartment which we had built, packing out entire life into 125 boxes and moved to Nairobi. Leaving the apartment was hard… especially when this is the first home we built together, so many memories in there.
2. Reunite with Rob in Nairobi, starting a brand new life together, in a city which I never dream of coming.
3. Our short trip to Dubai
4. The day I have been waiting for my entire life – marrying my best friend, the kindest man I ever met.
5. Terrorists attack Westgate. Up till now, it is still haunting me… The thought that we could be there was scary, that we could be the one sitting at our usual spot in the cafe, having our usual breakfast there, the one who had been shot. The blessing we received was emotional, how lucky we were that Rob was not well that morning, that we managed to escape this terrible incident. Especially, that was the period that I found out that I was pregnant. Words cant express how THANKFUL I am for the blessing.
6. A trip back to Singapore to attend my cousin’s wedding. Feels like a tourist back home and a honeymoon for us.
7. Another terrible thing happened this year was to my family… to my dearest brother which I only got to know during my trip back home. Cant share much on what had happened, but it was something that had damaged my family… I was devastated. My mum was devastated. My brother too.. I almost cried everyday during the first 4 months of my pregnancy because of all that had happened. Seems like too much things had happened in such short period of time that I almost couldn’t handle it. I feel so sorry for my baby inside me that I was so depressed than, but slowly I learned to let go… Cant change anything that has already happened. I need to be strong for the little life growing inside me. Cant waste the life and chance that God has given to me.
8. A short stopover trip to Bangkok. A city which I love. A city which is so vibrant, cultural and full of mystery.
9. Another wonderful thing that happened this year was that I am pregnant. Officially on my 26th weeks now. A child with Rob. How lucky again I am. To me, she is a miracle. So many incident had happened during my first trimester, eg… falling from the stairs twice… a golf swing went pretty wrong that cramped my tummy so badly… stuck in a bad rain in the golf course that we had to run one hour, soaking wet and cold to find shelter (thought I almost die out of breath)… and jumping onto a the ledge of my sofa, with my tummy holding the entire weight of my body, legs dangling in the air when I saw a cockroach running towards me (well, I wish I can draw to show because it was a pretty pathetic and hilarious sight that my mum almost fainted when she saw me).
Every year, I will have a list of New Year resolutions that I gave myself, hoping to achieve lots for the coming year. This year, at this moment, I feel so at peace and contented, I have everything in life and nothing I can ask for more….. except I only have 2 simple wishes… one of them is pertaining to Rob’s job and the another one is that I will give birth to a healthy and beautiful girl.
p/s: Sweetheart, mummy is looking forward to meet you, although I am enjoying every single bit that you are inside me, feeling your cute little movements and kicks. Love you lots already.
pp/s: Wishing everyone a wonderful year ahead, fill with joy and laughter, contentment and good health. Happy New Year and God Bless!
Thank you for reading.